Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My cinnamon rolls

On Sunday I made cinnamon rolls with my mom! I made the dough almost by myself. My mom only told me what to put in. Here is a picture of my cinnamon rolls!

These are our cinnamon rolls.

Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cup scalded milk
2 Tbsp. yeast dissolved in
1/2 cup warm water
2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
6-8 cups flour

Scald milk and let cool. Activate yeast in warm water. Add to milk when milk is cool. Add rest of ingredients except flour. Mix with hand mixer. Add flour one cup at a time. May need to mix in last couple cups by hand. Let raise once until double in size. Punch down and roll out to about 1/4" thick. Spread melted butter all over dough and sprinkle about 2 cups cinnamon sugar over also. Roll up and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch slices using string (I use floss, it is easier) and place in greased jelly roll pan. Let raise again (only for about 20 minutes) then bake at 350F for about 20 minutes. Add icing! Enjoy!

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese (I use light)
1/2 cup real butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. milk
3 cups powdered sugar

Mix together with hand mixer and spread on cinnamon rolls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooklyn!! Congratulations. I can't believe how good you are going to be at cooking! You'll have to make Ba Chin some cinnamon rolls when you come home in the summer cause those looked delicious! You did a really really good job. Thanks for also putting the recipe on your blog. Now I can copy it and try and make them myself. Your a sweetheart. I love you chicken. Call me whenever you want okay baby! Love Ba

Anonymous said...

Brooklyn I am so proud of you that you are learning how to cook. Cinnamon rolls are not easy! Thank you for blogging me one. I could almost taste it. I love you. Love Grandma

McKenzie Ann said...

Yummy yummy to my tummy! Those look super good Brooklyn. Love you snookie!

Anonymous said...

Batgirl, those cinnamon rolls look sooooooooooo tasty...they made me want to break my diet. : ) You little stinker. Good job! Love you!